Friday, September 30, 2011

A SHE SHE / ACC PICKS THAT ARE SURE TO BE AS BAD AS THEIR CONFERENCE



Ok, I'll be honest...I haven't had the time I wish I had to dedicate to the blog over the past week to week and a half. We're moving stuff around at work, odd hours, and we've picked up in business.

It's not an excuse...it's just tough trying to sneak in an hour of putting picks together for your blog and get work done at the same time. Also, it's the ACC...so I can't really get excited to dedicate time, ya know?

With that said, HERE WE GO!

Duke @ FIU - I hate Dook. I mean, this is a pathetic game. You thought last week was bad...gee golly whiz it's going to be hell on earth for anyone watching this game. Over/under on attendance.... 8,293. This may have just as many TV viewers. I'm taking the home team here...simply because you don't have to be good in the ACC...you have to be DOOK GOOD. Pick: FIU

UNC @ ECU - Well, well, well...it looks like Western Carolina got left out of the "get to know your other non-relevant directional schools in NC week". This one will be a squeaker, and it could go either way. ECU has an explosive offense, and UNC on defense..is well...UNC on defense. Pick: ECU

Bethune Cookman @ Miami - This can't be real, can it? Are we being serious? Get your act together ACC and try to play at least someone relevant for out of conference tune ups...but my Lord this is setting a new standard. I'm sure the joke here is "how much did Miami pay these guys"....so I'll leave that to your imagination. Pick: Miami

Clemson @ Virginia Tech - For the love of God and all that is holy...please Virginia Tech, show up and destroy Clemson on Saturday. We all know they are not that good of a team...and you are the last line of defense against a great season for them. Please don't let them have to go through the gauntlet of UNC, NCSU, Dook, Maryland, (insert all other ACC schools here). Pick: Virginia Tech

Georgia Tech @ NC State - So outside of the state fair gearing up in a few weeks, look for this game to provide about the only excitement to the triad area for some time. Georgia Tech looks like they are the kind of team that would win the ACC again and have to give up the title due to NCAA allegations...but we'll just have to see. I'll be upset if the Yellow Jackets don't SWARM all over the Wolfpack. (yea, I went there) Pick: Ga Tech

Idaho @ Virginia - Wow, what do you think the kids getting off their flight at Charlottesville Regional will have to say about this game? It's got to be a vacation, I mean hell...any one will tell you that "Charlottesville is quite lovely in the fall". I don't see this as being an entertaining game at all...and I promise you that some jackass has already tried to tie in a Vandals/Rich People/Not in my neighborhood referance....so I'll just let it slide. By the way... DID YOU SEE WHAT SO MISS DID TO THE HOO'S LAST WEEK? That's right...I called that.
Pick: UVA

Towson @ Maryland - So I'm assuming this was another great team to play that doesn't really count as a road trip. Again, way to go Maryland...let's schedule someone awesome like...TOWSON. Also, way to poop the bed last week against Temple. Normal teams would have crapped themselves, got up, took a shower, and cleaned off. You however....decided to make it a point after defecating to roll around in it like you had flames coming off of you. What a Terrpible (see what I did there) school, what a terrpible conference. Pick: Maryland

Wake Forest @ Boston College: Easily the showcase game of the weekend. The flying high Eagles are coming off of a big win against UMass (don't make fun of the kid eating glue...let them have their moment) to host the Demon Deacons. I don't really care for either one of these teams, but I'll have to give it to the home team. After all, Bahston has to have something to follow this time of the year sports wise. (oooohhhh take that RED SAWKS!) Pick: Bahston College

-Gamblin Boss

No comments: