Wednesday, September 14, 2011

LSU @ Mississippi State Preview



This is the first of our week 3 picks.  This may or may not be a good game.  I just can't get on board with LSU being the #3 team in the country.  I just don't think they are that good.  Maybe I just can't get the idea out of my head that Jordan Jefferson (alleged bar fighter...alleged) WON the quarterback competition.  You are the third best team in the country and Jordan Jefferson is about the 85th best QB.  Obviously the LSU defense is nasty and that's winning games for them, but eventually that offense (whether it's Jarrett Lee or Jefferson comes back from suspension) will have to do something besides catch Tennessee with 73 people on the field at the end of the game.  Fortunately for LSU, this is not that week.  I said last week we can stop paying attention to Mississippi State in the SEC West race, and I think Thursday night will officially make that statement...well...official.  Oh I think the Bulldogs will get it turned around, perhaps even against the Gamecocks (please no) but I think they take their second straight loss vs Tigers.  This follows last week's loss vs Auburn.  OUR PICK:  Mississippi State loses their second straight "Generic College Mascot" Bowl.  LSU wins it.

No comments: