Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Love Marcus Lattimore

(Good movie, better friends)

There, I said it.  I love Marcus Lattimore.  But you know what, we're all thinking it so there.  I mean the guy is an absolute monster.  'Hey Georgia, you want me to announce my presence with authority??  How's 37 carries, 182 yards, and 2 TD's sound?'  We're on the verge of winning our first SEC East Division Championship (and the first title of any kind since the '69 ACC champs...and we all remember that squad) so what does the HBC do?  He tells #21 basically, 'Son, we are gonna run the wheels off of you this week.'  Our boy responds with 40 carries, 212 yards and 3 TD's.  Yeah I'll say he was ready.  That was as a freakin freshman.  All he's done now to start his sophomore season is run for over 100 yards and at least one touchdown in each game.  He provided stability vs Georgia (I can't say he saved us...I think former Richmond Senior High great Melvin Ingram may have had a hand in that) with 176 yards and a TD on 27 carries.  He did save us vs Navy.  QUICK SIDE NOTE: Can we all agree NEVER to schedule Navy again?  Or really any service academy for that matter, but specifically Navy.  They were this close (hold your fingers really close together) to ruining a second potentially magical Gamecock season.  Aaaand just so we're all aware, we've only had like three magical season in program history....but I digress. He went for 246 on 37 carries and 3 touchdowns.  The game announcers said he was a "three and out" type of player.  Think about that.  He was 2.5 games into his SOPHOMORE season, and people are already sayin he's gone.  Jesus tits, that's impressive.  The best part about him though, in this man's humble opinion?  Dude keeps his mouth shut and works hard.  You never hear about him drinking, being out late, keying professors cars (those were all shots Stephen Garcia) or anything like that.  Everyone says he works hard in the weight room.  And, most importantly, when he scores he just hands the ball to the official and looks for his offensive line.  So yeah, I have a man crush.  I'm comfortable with that, and so is my wife for that matter.  Basically to sum it up; Marcus, consider this an open invitation to marry my non-existent daughter.  -Major Munnerlyn

No comments: